Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Members considered an Outline Application for the demolition of existing building and redevelopment of site for up to 59 residential units (Class C3) with associated car and cycle parking, amenity space and associated works (outline application to consider access and layout).
There were no public speakers registered on this item.
Members were concerned with the lower level of affordable housing provision on the site and welcomed the inclusion of a review mechanism.
Resolved to PERMIT subject to the conditions and informatives as set out in the agenda report, in the late material and the following additional informatives and conditions:
· Review of Affordable Housing Provision at Reserved Matters stage. The Reserved Matters Proposals shall provide the maximum reasonable amount of affordable housing on site (50% of the units at a split to be agreed with the LPA) subject to viability considerations.
· Early and Late Stage Reviews
· Minimum of 7 Affordable units secured (4 LAP 3 Shared Ownership, mix as per the submission)
· Review of the provision of 3 bedroom + units at Reserved Matters Stage. The Reserved Matters Proposal shall incorporate a mix of unit sizes and types and provide a minimum of 30% of dwellings as 3 or more bedroom units, unless it can be robustly demonstrated that this would be unsuitable or unviable.
· Revised Energy Statement at Reserved Matters Stage to demonstrate that a minimum of 35% carbon saving cannot be achieved on site
· 2 Year Car Club Membership
· Provision of publicly accessible Car Club Space within the development
· Car Cap (no access to permits)
Publication date: 10/06/2021
Date of decision: 04/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 04/11/2020 - Planning Committee