Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) The areas of land within the Cambridge Road Estate (shown edged red on the plan at Exempt Annex 1) which are owned by the Council are no longer required for the purpose for which they are held (housing purposes), for the reasons provided in paragraphs 38 - 41.
2) the appropriation of this land to planning purposes be approved to facilitate the redevelopment of the Cambridge Road Estate as set out in this paper, pursuant to s122 of the Local Government Act 1972.
3) It authorises the Assistant Director - Property, Development & Investment to appropriate in phases across the estate, including (a) to advertise the proposed appropriation in relation to any areas that comprise open space within the land to be appropriated, (b) to consider any representations made in response, and (c) to decide whether to continue with the appropriation in light of those representations.
4) It authorises the Assistant Director - Property, Development & Investment, for each phase, to apply to the Secretary of State for consent to the appropriation pursuant to s19(2) Housing Act 1985
5) In the event that the Secretary of State’s consent is given, and subject to the completed rehousing of all social tenants on that land, to delegate to the Assistant Director - Property, Development & Investment, in consultation with the S151 Officer, the authority to appropriate the land phase by phase to planning purposes and to settle claims made as a result of engagement with beneficiaries of third party rights
Publication date: 14/07/2021
Date of decision: 13/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/07/2021 - Corporate and Resources Committee