Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) the procurement strategy identified within the report to source a contractor to deliver the Burlington School Expansion Programme be approved, which will result in the award of contracts for the Pre-Construction Services Agreement for a period from November 2021 to April 2022 and the Main Constructions Works at a total value of £13.16m for a period from April 2022 to September 2023 (plus 12 months latent defect period).
2) it be noted that, in accordance with the Contract Regulations, the Executive Director of Corporate and Communities will approve the award of Pre-Construction Services Agreement (PCSA) including associated surveys for the school expansion project at an estimated contract sum of £600k.
3) it be noted that, in accordance with the Council’s Contract and Financial Regulations further contract awards valued below £1m might be made relating to the following services, subject to receipt of satisfactory proposals in respect of Time, Cost and Quality: a) Associated Enabling Works Contract; b) Associated provision of Temporary facilities; c) Early orders which may be necessary to secure factory slots;
4) it be noted that the main works contract will be valued in excess of £1m and will be recommended to Committee for approval in due course;
5) it be noted that the totality of contract awards, including the main works contract, will be met from the capital budget allocation for the construction programme of £13.16m.
Publication date: 14/07/2021
Date of decision: 13/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/07/2021 - Corporate and Resources Committee