You can view the individual reports for this meeting by selecting the headings from the numbered list of items at the bottom of this page. Alternatively you can view the entire agenda by selecting 'Agenda Reports Pack' below.Watch Council meetings here
Venue: The Guildhall, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU
Contact: Sam Nicholls tel. 020 8547 5533 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Interest
Members are invited to declare any disclosable pecuniary interests and any other non- pecuniary interests (personal interests) relevant to items on this agenda.
Installation of the Mayor
The Council, at its meeting of 29 April 2021, elected Councillor Sushila Abraham Mayor of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames for the 2021/22 Municipal Year. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, a separate formal Mayor-making ceremony will take place on the grounds of the Guildhall before this meeting.
The Council is asked to make the necessary appointments for the 2021/22 municipal year to Committees, Panels, Joint Committees and other bodies. Details of the nominations required have been circulated to the Group Offices and the nominations will be circulated prior to the meeting.
Appointment and Nomination of Members to the London Councils Committees and Local Government Association
The Council is asked to make the necessary appointments for the 2021/22 municipal year to the London Councils committees and the Local Government Association bodies. Details of the nominations required have been circulated to the Group Offices and the nominations will be circulated prior to the meeting.
Appointment of non-elected members to Committees and Panels
(1) The Council is RECOMMENDED to appoint the following non-elected Members to the bodies indicated:
(a) People Committee
· GP advisory members: Dr Nazim Jivani (Adults’ health) and Dr Pete Smith (Children’s health)
· Anglican Diocese of Southwark representative – nomination awaited
· Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark – vacancy (nomination awaited)
(b) Place Committee
· Sheltered Housing Panel: one attendee at each meeting from a pool of 4 representatives (Maria Wise, three vacancies)
· Leaseholders Forum (must be a resident leaseholder, living in the property as their only or principal home): Hector Armando Rosales-Macedo and Alison Mary King (sharing position as representative and alternate).
· Residents Associations (must be a tenant): Mr Harry Hall
· Registered Providers Forum: Mr Tim Wilcocks (Richmond Housing Partnership)
(c) Health and Wellbeing Board
Non elected, voting Board members:
· three representatives from the Clinical Commissioning Group - Dr Nazim Jivani (SW London CCG Chair and HWBB Co- Chair, Dr Phil Moore (CCG Joint Clinical Mental Health Lead) and Dr Annette Pautz (alternate for all 3 members - vacant)
· Voluntary Sector (Kingston Voluntary Action) – Sanja Djeric-Kane (alternate -vacant)
· Healthwatch Kingston – Liz Meerabeau
Non-voting Board members:
· Executive Director of Adult Social Care – Sharon Houlden (alternate - tbc)
· Director of Public Health and AD Healthy and Safe Communities - Iona Lidington (alternate - tbc)
· Director of Children’s Services - Ian Dodds (alternate - tbc)
· additional member Jessica Thom (AfC - alternate: Charis Penfold)
Advisory members of the Board:
· Your Healthcare – Ed Montgomery, Managing Director (Alternate: Grant Henderson)
· SW London and St George’s Mental Health Trust - Jennifer Allan, Chief Operating Officer (Alternate: Vanessa Ford (Chief Executive of MH Trust) or Dr Martin Humphrey, (Clinical Director)
· Tonia Michaelides – SW London CCG
· Kingston Hospital Trust - Dr Amira Girgis (Deputy Medical Director) (Alternate: Sally Brittain)
· NHS England– Gwen Kennedy
· representative of GP Chambers – Dr Anthony Hughes (alternates: Dr Richard Van Mallearts and Dr Nick Merrifield)
(d) Audit, Governance and Standards Committee
· Independent Member – Paul Eardley
· Independent Person (not a member of the Committee and non-voting) – Andrew Elmer [Reserve Independent Person – Damien Quinn]
(e) Pension Fund Panel
Non-voting observer members:
· Kingston University representative: Lesley Diston, Financial Controller, Kingston University
· RBK Staff representative: Majid Mafi (Alternate: Louise Gallagher)
· Retired members representative: Chris Coke (Alternate: Mike Belsham)
· Independent Financial Adviser: recruitment to be undertaken in 2021-22
(f) Pension Board
Some members (indicated in smaller font italics) do not require to be reappointed as they have already been appointed for the durations as shown below:
Employer’s Side – 2 representatives:
· Justine Rego - Appointed until December 2023.
· Sam Burgess – Appointed until December 2024.
Scheme Members – 2 representatives:
· Robert Ewing - Appointed until May 2023.
· Deborah Castanheira - Appointed until May 2022.
(g) Blue Badge Appeal Panel
· Robert Reilly (representing Kingston Centre for Independent Living) – advisory member
Urgent Items authorised by the Mayor
To consider any items which, in the view of the Mayor, should be dealt with as a matter of urgency because of special circumstances in accordance with S100B(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
Background Papers held by Democratic Support 020 8547 5023
Exclusion of the Press and Public
The following resolution is included as a standard item which will only be relevant if any exempt matter is to be considered at the meeting for which the Committee wish to resolve to exclude the press and public:
To exclude the public from the meeting under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 on the grounds that it is likely that exempt information, as defined in paragraph *….of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act, would be disclosed and the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
(*relevant regulatory paragraph to be indicated)
Licensing Committee on the rising of the meeting
Members of the Licensing Committee are requested to remain in the Council Chamber at the end of the Council meeting for a brief meeting of the Licensing Committee to establish its Sub-Committees for the new municipal year.