Councillors and committees
Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel
Purpose of committee
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. The Panel will exercise all of the health scrutiny functions conferred on the local authority by Part 4 of the Local Authority (Public Health, Health and Wellbeing Boards and Health Scrutiny) Regulations 2013.
2. The Panel may review and scrutinise any matter relating to the planning, provision and operation of the health service commissioned or delivered in the authority’s area. It may make reports or recommendations to the Council (or Peoples’ Services Committee where appropriate), health bodies and other relevant agencies and providers of services on any matter it has reviewed or scrutinised.
3. In particular, the Panel may review:
· arrangements made by NHS bodies to secure hospital and community health services to the inhabitants of the authority’s area
· the provision of such services to those inhabitants
· the provision of family health services, personal medical services
· personal dental services, pharmacy and NHS ophthalmic services
· the public health arrangements in the area
· the planning of health services by NHS bodies, including plans made in co-operation with local authorities, setting out a strategy for improving both the health of the local population, and the provision of health care to that population
· the plans, strategies and decisions of the Health and Wellbeing Board
· the arrangements made by NHS bodies for consulting and involving
· patients and the public under the duty placed on them by Sections 242 and 244 of the NHS Act 2006
· any matter referred to the Panel by Healthwatch under the Health
and Social Care Act 2012
· social care services and other related services delivered by the authority.
4. The Panel may respond as a consultee to NHS bodies in respect of proposals for:
a) substantial development of the health service in the authority’s area; and
b) any proposals to make any substantial variations to the provision of such services.
5. The Panel will exercise on behalf of the authority the power of referral to the Secretary of State in accordance with section 23 (9) of the Local Authority (Public Health, Health and Wellbeing Boards and Health Scrutiny) Regulations 2013.
6. The Panel may appoint a Joint Committee(s) with another Authority and arrange for its relevant functions to be exercised by the Joint Committee and will do so where an NHS body consults on a substantial development or variation to health services that extends beyond the area covered by the Committee.
Please use the following link to listen to Audio Recordings of Meetings
- Jane D'Souza
- Kate Dudley
- Councillor Sushila Abraham
- Councillor Olivia Boult (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Kevin Davis
- Councillor Lesley Heap
- Councillor Maria Netley
- Councillor Munir Ravalia
- Councillor Dave Ryder-Mills
- Councillor Anita Schaper (Chair)
- Councillor Christine Stuart
- Councillor Thay Thayalan
- Councillor Yogan Yoganathan
- Dr Liz Meerabeau
Support officer: Fiona Cotter, Democratic Services Team Leader. Tel: 020 8547 4607/email: fiona.cotter@kingston. gov.uk