Councillors and committees
Purpose of committee
The functions of the Licensing Committee are:
1. The exercise of all the Council’s functions under the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act, 2005.
2. To review strategy and licensing policy and make recommendations to Council.
3. To have reserve powers to enable the Committee (or any of its Sub-Committees) to deal with any Licensing and Regulation matter that is the responsibility of Neighbourhood Committees where, on legal advice, a Neighbourhood Committee is unable to deal with the matter.
Licensing Committee members make up the membership of Licensing Sub-Committees which are held regularly to determine alcohol, entertainment and gambling licences.
- Councillor Stephanie Archer
- Councillor Lorraine Dunstone
- Councillor Simon Edwards
- Councillor Sam Foulder-Hughes
- Councillor Ed Fram
- Councillor Hilary Gander
- Councillor Ian George
- Councillor Dennis Goodship
- Councillor Lesley Heap
- Councillor Katrina Lidbetter
- Councillor Dave Ryder-Mills
- Councillor Malcolm Self
- Councillor John Sweeney (Chair)
- Councillor Margaret Thompson (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Jon Tolley
Support officer: Sam Nicholls tel 020 8547 5533. Email: email@example.com
Kingston Upon Thames
Phone: 020 8547 5023