Councillors and committees
Finance and Renegeration Committee
Purpose of committee
Formerly known as the Finance and Partnerships Committee from 14 May 2019 until 13 October 2020 (when it took on the functions highlighted in bold)
The remit of this Committee is:
(1) To be the principal means by which advice on strategic policy and plans is given and coordinated and to advise the Council, as necessary, on strategic issues. This to include:
(a) allocating resources to spending committees and taking such action as necessary to effect the maintenance, extension or contraction of services;
(b) preparing and keeping under review the Council’s Medium Term Service and Financial Plan and Budget and recommending to the Council the levying of a Council Tax in respect of each financial year;
(2) To maintain general oversight of the organisation, performance and operational working of the Council and to be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Council including the following specific functions/activities:
COVID Recovery (Economic Recovery Task Force)
Business & Skills
Revenue and Capital Monitoring and Expenditure
Contracts and Commissioning
Revenues and Benefits
Assets, including the disposal or acquisition of land or property
Voluntary Sector & Voluntary sector commissioning
(3) To submit recommendations to the Council in the event of a difference of opinion arising between committees upon a matter which falls within the terms of reference of more than one committee.
(4) To be responsible for those matters not specifically allocated to any other committee affecting the affairs of the Council.
(5) To exercise the powers of any of the other Strategic Committees in cases where determination of a matter is urgent, subject to the approval of the Chair of the relevant Committee and the Leader of the Council.
(6) To consider and take any necessary action upon proposals for new legislation, Bills before Parliament, Acts of Parliament and other proceedings before Parliament affecting or likely to affect the interests of the Borough or its inhabitants generally where not the specific concern of any other committee(s). The promotion of Bills and Provisional and Statutory Orders in Parliament shall be dealt with by the Council.
- Councillor Caroline Kerr (Co-Chair)
- Councillor Andreas Kirsch (Co-Chair)
- Councillor Rowena Bass
- Councillor Mark Beynon
- Councillor Kevin Davis
- Councillor Mark Durrant
- Councillor Dennis Goodship
- Councillor Jaesung Ha
- Councillor Christine Stuart
- Councillor Sharron Falchikov-Sumner
- Councillor John Sweeney
Support officer: Fiona Cotter, Democratic Services Team Leader. Tel: 0208 547 4607/email firstname.lastname@example.org